This plugin registers a
glossary custom post type for defining words, acronyms or terms. Those terms will be highlighted in public posts, with the definition displayed in a popup tooltip.
To use the plugin, simply install and activate, then visit the Glossary section in your wp-admin dashboard to begin adding glossary terms.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress.org Glossary” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“WordPress.org Glossary” has been translated into 8 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “WordPress.org Glossary” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Bump Tested up to.
- Don’t create glossary hovercards for phrases within
- Don’t create glossary hovercards wtihin oEmbed responses.
- PHP Notice fixes.
- Fixes to ensure that the matched text isn’t past the current element.
- PHP 8 fatal fix,
array_merge() does not accept unknown named parameters.
- Added hoverIntent to avoid accidental showing of the glossary items when scrolling the page.
- Switch to a different tooltip library to avoid some glitchy behaviour.
- Eliminate some unnecessary highlighting, and generally improve the accuracy of term matching.
- Fix some visual glitches.
- Cooperate better with O2 auto-linking and tagging.
- Initial public release.