WordPress Welcome Mat creates your highest converting pages for email list building or other offerings. We found it is one of the most effective ways to build your site’s audience. We use a Welcome Mat on a number of our sites and have found it to be the most effective tool we have.
Our Welcome Mat plugin runs completely on your site without connecting to outside services. This is important so that you never lose email from your visitors or your conversion metrics. Plus it is easier to have all your information available in your WordPress admin panel.
Welcome Mat comes with with 5 default layouts and with the ability to edit the text and background colors to match your site.
Download the plugin from the WordPress repository, or use the ‘add plugin’ functionality of WordPress. After activating the plugin a menu items called ‘welcome mat’ appears. Choose ‘add new’ to pick a new template for your welcome mat. You can change the default fields to your taste. After that hit publish and you are all set!
- Minimum PHP 5.6
- SimpleXML module
Contributors & Developers
“Welcome Mat” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Welcome Mat” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- End of development. This plugin becomes ‘as-is’
- Includes the full package : Welcomemat PRO + Module
- Works on WP 5.4
- Tested for WordPress 5.2
- [Tweak] URL for add template now is generated by server
- [Fix] PHP compatibility issue on support page
- [Fix] After signup options showing up in wrong places
- [Fix] maxAjax conflict
- Statistics now show amount of emails collect and conversion
- Single emails are now removable
- Updated Mobile Detect library to x.28
- Upgraded Ajax Libraries
- Fixed color field display for WP 4.9 Beta3
- Removed PRO discount offer
- Logging functionality moved to Monolog
- Updated PRO page – Discount will end 15/08/17
- Fixed conflict with bootstrap hidden class on form thanks
- Z-index header fix for Divi themes
- Fixed bug regarding defined body classes
- Fixed issue with delays and removing site scrolling
- Fixed – Using caching plugins would not show template in certain cases
- Tested with WordPress 4.8
- Support for W3 Total Cache, Super Cache, Comet Cache and other systems using WP_CACHE constant
- Updated some template messages
- Email visitor hash updated on reentry, preventing spamming
- Fixed missing Ajaxurl reference on front JS
- Fixed – Styling no longer removed on thanks screen
- Template default texts updated to final version
- Many small template issues fixed
- Updated uninstall procedure to include transients
- Fixed compatibility issues with older WP versions
- Fixed error when running WP not via browser
- Fixed issue where template in error condition could disable scrollbars
- Better Template Picker
- Templates renamed to definitive version
- Included ‘Thank you’ message after user signs up.
- Archive status has separate view now, unarchiving possible
- Archived template not longer shown in main list
- Greatly improved archives; edit and bulk edit options.
- Color Picker style improve to reflect transparency better
- Fixed several bugs in color handling
- Interface for Icon-type fields improved
- Fixed placeholder styling in templates.
- Added check and error in case simplexml is not loaded
- Deleting templates from system will also remove connected statistics and emails
- Improved database checks and mitigation on failure
- Fixed bug in Document attributes when using HTML characters
- Checks for input sanitization
- Fixed errors in Database checks
- Fixed crash of settings page in PHP 7.1
- Fixed bugs in Data saving / retrieval ( Please check your templates! )
- Optimized Template definitions
- Fixed bug on overlapping / non-responsive colors for button hover
- New post Status ‘Archived’ for retaining results of old campaigns
- Support for changing email and name placeholder text
- Fixed potential fatal error in stats module
- Fixed transition animation on template buttons
- Fixed crash on previews of different post type elements
- Maximum font size not longer bound to 72px
- Untitled templates show ‘untitled’ instead of empty in statistics / email screens
- Fixed bug where template was loading in Theme Customizer
- Fixed display error when display interval not set
- Pages for settings, support and advanced options
- Option to fully remove all data upon uninstall
- Support for settings order
- Updated version, improved database install checks.
- Moved certain database keys to better reflect contained data
- MAJOR template changes to prevent issues with theme, display
- Fixes in Template Font loading
- Replaced CSS Parse engine
- Colorpicker replaces by WordPress color picker
- Fixed issues with statistics and counts
- Dozens of smaller and bigger bug fixes.
- Fixed AJAX Bug when displaying Mat
- Plugin now working with PHP 5.3
- Many layout optimizations
- Lot’s of small bugs under the hood squashed.
- Icon field has label for easier selection
0.9 Beta release