The User Level Themes plugin allows a site administrator to select different themes for users with and without administrative
access rights. This feature can be used to safely test a new theme while redirecting visitors to a known working theme. This plugin
utilizes the [Wordpress Plugin Framework] (http://www.doubleblackdesign.com/categories/wordpress-plugins/wordpress-plugin-framework/ “WordPress Plugin Framework”) to
provide a standard administration interface and allow for simplified plugin management.
This User Level Themes and WordPress Plugin Framework are being developed under the GNU General Public License, version 2.
Support User Level Themes Plugin Development
Help support development of the User Level Themes plugin and WordPress Plugin Framework by making a donation.
The latest version of the User Level Themes plugin can be found on the WordPress Extend website. A link to this site is provided below.
The latest version of the WordPress Plugin Framework can be found on the WordPress Extend website. A link to this site is provided below.
The WordPress Plugin Framework project can be found on the Google Code website. A link to this site is provided below.
- Unzip the archive file.
- Verify the name of the unzipped folder to be “user-level-themes”.
- Upload the “user-level-themes” folder to your WordPress plugins folder.
- Activate the “User Level Themes” plugin in the WordPress plugins administration page.
- Click on the “User-Level-Themes Options Page” link in the User Level Themes plugin listing to configure the plugin.
- Which theme is displayed when I deactivate / uninstall this plugin?
The User Level Themes plugin attempts to revert to the theme (labeled as the “Default Theme”) was being utilized at the
time the User Level Themes plugin was initially activated. However, if this theme is no longer available then the User
Level Themes plugin will allow the WordPress core to select the next available theme in the theme list. The selected
theme will then be displayed for all user levels.
- How can I request new features for the User Levsel Themes plugin?
New feature requests may be submitted via the User Level Themes Feature Request Forum.
- How can I report issues found while using the User Level Themes plugin?
New issue submissions may be submitted via the User Level Themes Issue Submission Forum.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“User Level Themes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- v1.03 (7/6/2008) – Updated to the latest revision of the WPF in order to allow for WP 2.5+ compatibility.
- v1.02 (7/3/2008) – Minor code cleanup.
- v1.01 (7/3/2008) – Fixed bug in determining current user level with WordPress 2.5+.
- v1.00 (11/21/2007) – Initial release of the User Level Themes plugin.