Clears all revisions from your database. So this way you can keep your database less cluttered and more tidy.
- Changes REVISION number for a more reasonable amount or even disable it.
- Changes AUTO SAVE interval to a wider timeframe so you have less autosaved revisions or even disable it.
- Locale support. Now available in English and Portuguese. See translation section for more info.
- Simple, fast, and useful 🙂
- WordPress 2.8.x or higher (maybe would work on older WP, but not tested and not supported by me).
- Not tested and not supported on IIS servers.
If you want to make a translation for your language, use the Revisioner.pot included and (if you want) send me the files to email@example.com for including it into the plugin package, you’ll be credited, of course (NOTE: No sponsored translations allowed).
Credits for present translations:
- Portuguese translation made by myself 🙂
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation (or install it directly from your dashboard) and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- After that go to options page ‘Revisioner’ and fill the required information.
- Now you’re ready.
- Will this plugin works in WordPress older than 2.7.x?
Maybe, but use it at your own risk. I’ll not support anyone using outdated WP (or outdated PHP). At the moment of writing this I’m running this plugin on WordPress 2.9 and PHP 5.x and works fine, and was running without problems on WP 2.8.x and 2.7.x too. If you run anything below WP 2.7 and PHP 5.x, please update for your own good! (and dont ask me for support).
- Why you did this plugin?
We wanted a (single) simple plugin to control the revisions on our blog.
- Are you planning to add more features?
At first only a few little improvements maybe. But if someone suggest a nice feature, and if I have time enough maybe I’ll add it.
But it’s not my priority. I want to keep it simple.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Revisioner” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Moved to another section in admin.
- Initial release.
Originally based on this article at OptiNiche by Teli Adlam.