When shared on Facebook, this plugin shows a nice Thumbnail of your posts, pages and site.
Example of Open Graph Protocol tags
<meta property="fb:app_id" content="you can specify in admin" /> <meta property="og:title" content="Post Title" /> <meta property="og:type" content="article" /> <meta property="og:url" content="Post URL" /> <meta property="og:image" content="Post thumbnail, attached image, the first image or default image which you upload" /> <meta property="og:site_name" content="Site Title" /> <meta property="og:locale" content="Your Locale" /> <meta property="og:description" content="Post excerpt or text generated from your content" />
Rules of the og:image
When a post permalink is shared (is_singular).
- If your post has a post-thumbnail, that will show up.
- If not, this plugin shows the images attatched to the post.
- If not, this plugin shows the images which is in the content.
- If not, this plugin shows the default image, which you upload in Settings > Reading > OGP Settings.
- If not, this plugin doesn’t show anything. (Other ogp tags such as og:title, og:url and so on will be served.)
When the link posted on facebook was not a post link (!is_singular).
When home page, archive pages, search result page or what ever else pages are shared on facebook, og:image will be the image you specify in Settings > Reading > OGP Settings.
nskw-ogp-generatorfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings > Reading > OGP Settings to set image and ID.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“OGP Generator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First release.