With this WordPress plugin, you can define a set of featured posts easily.
These featured posts can be added to your theme wherever you want via a widget.
The plugin is extremely simple, fast, and reliable. Once you have selected the
featured posts, they are saved in a cache, so that the amount of database
queries is kept to the minimum.
Version 2.0.0 let’s you define your own templates for displaying each related
post. Just create a directory named
neliofpin your theme’s directory and
create the template you want to use such as, for instance,
template-name.php. When inserting the widget, specify that the template is
template-nameand you’re ready to go!
Warning Remember to save your templates somewhere save before updating
(In the directory
template-examplesyou’ll find some examples).
Featured image by Abulic
- Featured Posts Selection Set the list of featured posts from one single
- Powered by a Widget Use the featured images wherever you want by simply
adding a widget.
- Customization You can tweak a few details of the featured post list, such
as the section title or the number of words in the excerpt.
- 13 Awesome Free Featured Post Widgets for
- How To Set Up a Collection of Featured
Posts (Nelio’s blog)
Related Plugins by Nelio
- Nelio Content |
- Nelio A/B Testing |
- Nelio External Featured Image |
- Nelio Related Posts |
Featured image by Abulic
Contributors & Developers
“Nelio Featured Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
2.2.4 (November 29, 2019)
- Compatibility check with WordPress 5.3.
2.2.3 (June 6, 2018)
- Fixed links to Nelio A/B Testing.
- Added a few more strings to be internationalized.
2.2.2 (September 1, 2017)
- Improved internationalization strings.
- Escaped some strings.
2.2.1 (July 25, 2016)
- Added i18n support.
- Translated to Spanish and Catalan.
2.2.0 (Dec 14, 2015)
- Improved behavior: you can now drag and drop items, so that you can sort
featured posts as you please.
- Fixed compatibility issue with WordPress 4.4 (Delete actions were not
- New filter for selecting which posts are shown in the widget. The filter
neliofp_get_featured_posts lets you select which posts will be shown on
- Use custom templates (on a per-widget basis) for rendering featured posts.
- Improved script inclusion to prevent collisions with other plugins.
- Referencing our A/B testing service for WordPress.
- Tweaking CSS styles just to make sure that featured posts with featured
images use a proper layout.
- Bug fix: on previous versions of the plugin, saving the list of featured
posts for the first time did not work (but, after that first attemp, save
function worked properly). Now, this does no longer occurs and featured posts
are properly saved always.
- When adding a new featured post, you can now add it in the beginning or in
the end of your list of featured posts.
- First release.
- Define a set of featured posts and show them to your visitors.