Are you interested in a faster and easier way to build internal links? If so, Link Whisper is a tool that can help you gain the value of powerful internal links without having to manually build them.
SMALL SUGGESTIONS, BIG RESULTS
Link Whisper quietly and quickly “whispers” contextual internal link suggestions that can both help your readers better find content on your site and helps Google rank your site better due to the improved link structure.
Google, Moz, Search Engine Land, and even Bing knows that internal links are important. Link Whisper helps you take what was once a time-intensive chore (that gets even bigger as your site grows) and turns it into an opportunity for you to have a better-optimized site than your competitors.
AUTOMATIC LINK SUGGESTIONS AS YOU WRITE
Links Whisper is smart. Powered by artificial intelligence, Link Whisper starts suggesting relevant internal links when you start writing your article…right within the WordPress editor.
Depending on how many articles you have on your site and the relevance of your existing content, Link Whisper will suggest dozens or more internal links from the content you are editing.
Just copy the link suggestion and then paste where suggested. Internal links done.
Don’t want to have to copy and paste links or worry about creating anchor text? Try the Premium version of Link Whisper to get a much more hands-off experience.
INTERNAL LINKS REPORTING
Ever wondered if you have any “orphan” content out there that doesn’t have a single internal link built to it?
With Link Whisper you can quickly see which pages have very few or no internal links pointing to them.
In addition to the number of links pointing to a given post, the reports page also shows how many outbound internal links and external links are coming from each article.
Want much more in-depth reporting? In Link Whisper Premium you get full internal link error reporting; including broken links, 404 errors, and much more. Plus you have the ability to quickly fix or remove those broken links right from within Link Whisper.
CUSTOMIZE INTERNAL LINKS SUGGESTIONS AND SETTINGS
If you want to fine-tune the link suggestions for your site, you have that capability.
Within the settings, you can ask link whisper to ignore certain words or phrases in order to get the optimal linking opportunities for your site.
Want to open all internal links in a new tab? No problem! Link Whisper has an optional setting for that.
Premium Features for Link Whisper
You can see everything offered in the premium version of Link Whisper Right Here.
- [Premium feature] – Add multiple links at once with anchor text already selected. Just check the box and click down and Link Whisper automatically adds the links in WordPress for you. (No need to copy and paste one at a time).
- [Premium feature] – Ability to add inbound internal links to old pages that may have been orphaned or simply need more internal link “juice”. The feature alone can have a massive impact on your rankings in Google.
- [Premium feature] – Add, edit, or delete links quickly to any page on your site directly from the reports page.
- [Premium feature] – Edit sentences right within Link Whisper (huge time saver), click to alter anchor text, or add custom URLs.
- [Premium feature] – Ignore certain URLs or categories on site so Link Whisper doesn’t ever suggest those as link opportunities. Take more control over the link structure of your site.
- [Premium feature] – Add target SEO keywords that you are trying to rank for in Google and Link Whisper will suggest the most relevant links for your articles. Link Whisper can even import target SEO keywords from Yoast, RankMath and other SEO plugins.
- [Premium feature] – Auto-linking. Set your keywords and the URLs you want those keywords to link to. Link Whisper will automatically find all mentions of those keywords and link to the location of your choice. Super powerful and you have control to link only once per post if you want.
- [Premium feature] – Bulk link changer. Has your site ever changed URL structure? You can now change the old URL to a new URL across every mention on your site with the click of a button.
- [Premium feature] – Broken link checker. Link Whisper can check your site for broken links and allow you to edit or delete them. Getting a lot of false positives? Link Whisper will double check its findings over a period of time to make sure the link really is broken and not temporarily unavailable.
- [Premium feature] – Get cross-site linking suggestions. You can “connect” multiple sites running Link Whisper Premium to each other, and Link Whisper will show you relevant linking suggestions between them.
Link Whisper Premium Walkthrough Video
Link Whisper suggests link based on the content of your site. In other words, it finds relevant connections that are related. These in-content, relevant links are the most powerful type of internal link there is.
You are in complete control to either accept or reject the link suggestion.
Internal links added with Link Whisper act just like any other link on your site. You can remove the links within your editor, just like you would any other link.
All your links will remain active, even if you uninstall the plugin! Once you add internal links to your site, they are just like any other link. They are “permanent” links that will only be removed if you want them to (even if you stop using Link Whisper…which we hope you never do!).
There is no guarantee that you will rank better in Google just because you start using Link Whisper. However, internal links definitely can have a positive impact on your rankings, so ideally you will see improved traffic as you use the smart link suggestions from Link Whisper.
Link Whisper is ideal for bloggers, niche site creators, and anyone with a content heavy website. The more content you have on your site, the more powerful Link Whisper becomes.
Link Whisper is a WordPress plugin. So, all you need is a self-hosted website that has WordPress installed.
Remember, you can customize the settings to fine tune the types of links are suggested. You can set certain words and phrases to be ignored if certain suggestions are coming up too much. While the link suggestions are excellent right out of the box for most people, if you want help fine-tuning your settings, just let us know.
Yes you can! Link Whisper supports:
Yes to both!
WooCommerce was a special focus when developing Link Whisper because we knew it would be important to store owners.
Link Whisper should work with most custom post types since we adhere to WordPress post type standards for data retrieval.
Yes it will. In fact, if you’re using plugins like Yoast SEO, Rank Math, or All in One SEO Link Whisper Premium will automatically pull in those target keywords, so you don’t have to duplicate any work!
We are confident that you’ll be happy with Link Whisper Premium. However, if you decide that Link Whisper is not for you, we will refund your purchase up to 30 days after your purchase.
Contributors & Developers
“Link Whisper Free” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- [REPOSITORY] Removing unneeded files from download.
- [NEW FEATURE] Adding support for the Goodlayers page builder!
- [IMPROVEMENT] Processing content with “the_content” filter when scanning links to apply formatting.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Reworking the options to limit suggestions to the current post’s categories/tags so multiple of each can be selected.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improving the post category/tag limiting options so the page doesn’t have to reload to show the options.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Adding filter to set max processing time limit.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Making URL creation process sensitive to Yoast primary category settings.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improving relative URL handling so linking relationships are more accurately calculated.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Ignoring Avada heading modules when making suggestions.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Updating term linking stats on term save/update
- [UI/UX] Adding notice in the settings page if the “mb_string” extension isn’t available. (This is required for processing suggestions)
- [UI/UX] Using post type display names in the post type setting selector.
- [UI/UX] Correcting the misnaming of the Arabic language option.
- [SECURITY] Adding more attribute, title & URL sanitation.
- [BUGFIX] Fixing bug in Ignore Word getting that would cause an error on new sites.
- [BUGFIX] No longer trying to get RankMath redirection data when the redirection table doesn’t exist.
- [BUGFIX] Fixing bug in Oxygen integration.
- Fixing an activation bug.
- Improving the Italian ignore word list so more common words are ignored when making suggestions.
- Limiting batch processing time to 90 seconds at most.
- Detecting Elementor image links in the Link Report.
- Ignoring content in Zoom Recipe cards.
- Scanning secondary content areas in the Rehub theme.
- Fixing bug with sticky header that would prevent page actions if the header couldn’t be created.
- Improving the Oxygen content getting.
- Ignoring embedded tweets when creating suggestions.
- Fixing memory error when getting Oxygen content.
- Fixing error when searching for suggestions in Elementor posts and Elementor isn’t active.
- Fixing fatal error when two versions of Link Whisper are active on the same site.
- Improving check if a link is internal.
- Improving Elementor content getting.
- Improving Beaver Builder content getting.
- Fixing PHP 8 error message.
- Fixing empty suggestion bug that would make suggestions invisible.
- Adding Hindi language support!
- Fixing bug in “Show suggestions in same category” option that would cause it to not show any suggestions.
- Adding Hebrew language support!
- Adding a link to the changelog in the plugin’s information.
- Only running the link stat update routine if the links change so post updates are quicker.
- Improving detection for HTML encoded links.
- Setting categories to load at the bottom of the Report instead of the top.
- Fixing bug in Serbian language processor.
- Fixing spacing issue in sticky header.
- Fixing database bug
- Repositioning the tooltips to be more user-friendly.
- Increasing the margins around the “Only Show Link Suggestions in the Same Category as This Post” checkbox.
- Fixing term error bug during scan.
- Fixing error in suggestion panel when handling a post with no suggestions.
- Adding better redirect tracking when calculating inbound links.
- Treating URLs that have ‘www.’ the same as their equivalents without ‘www.’ when calculating inbound links.
- Encoding the ignored words before saving to avoid false positives on security systems.
- Fixing error notice for non-existent terms.
- Adding Finnish support!
- Adjusting the suggestion scoring a little to improve suggestions.
- Not counting links that are being used as buttons in the Internal links report.
- Fixing styling that was coloring notice dismiss buttons.
- Adding Serbian language support!
- Reducing the size of multilanguage post processing batches to fix database error.
- Limiting the number of ACF fields queried at once to fix database errors.
- Fixing styling bug in admin.
- Adding Arabic language support!
- Not offering suggestions to posts that are inaccessable due to a Rank Math URL redirect directing visitors away from the post.
- Fixing error from having multiple text loggers registered.
- Adding Swedish language support!
- Improving ACF field scanning for suggestions.
- Creating text highlighting functionality that scrolls to the suggested link location on button click!
- Adding Link Stats to post tables.
- Adding automatic language selector for multilanguage sites when creating suggestions. (Sites need to be using WPML or Polylang. Uses the default ignore word list for non-primary languages.)
- Improving the Polylang support.
- Improving the heading checks to fix a few cases where sentences in headings were offered as suggestions.
- Fixing bug in link deletion button that would accidentally remove text from a post.
- Adding Slovak language support!
- Making the “Only Show Link Suggestions in the Same Category as This Post” setting persistent between pages. So when you check it, it stays checked. 🙂
- Adding new process timekeeper to make suggestions more efficiently and to avoid timeouts.
- Correctly identifying ThirstyAffiliate links as internal links.
- Improving sentence processing to better handle sentences with headings. (h1,h2,h3…)
- Improving the processing of text with accented letters.
- Fixing some empty variable notices.
- Fixing fatal error when loading the Link Report.
- Adding support for content from the Cornerstone Builder!
- Adding option to skip ACF field processing.
- Adding option to delete all Link Whisper related data.
- Improving the embedded link detection.
- Showing suggestion processing progress.
- Scanning a broader number of possible link formats.
- Speeding up the suggestion generation by caching Frequently used data.
- Fixing some empty variable notices.
- Making the link scanner more sensitive to embedded links.
- Making LW fonts disableable. (Pass FALSE on the filter ‘wpil_disable_fonts’)
- Fixing a few empty index notices.
- Fixing notification popup conflict.
- Fixing bug that made the suggestion text unselectable.
- Adding sample permalink support for draft posts.
- Adding support for Enfold content!
- Adding sticky header to the link report.
- Making the help text display on top of other elements when active.
- Improving text searching a little.
- Moving the “Published” column in the Link Report.
- Adding more site specific data to the data exports to help with support.
- Cleaning up some setting page help text.
- Adding Norwegian language support!
- Made some improvements to speed up the suggestion process.
- Adding option to ignore ACF fields in the suggestion process.
- Fixing data export download bug.
- Fixing bug in ACF field query.
- Fixing bug that would prevent the link report from showing results.
- Reworking the report page to show more data.
- Adjusting the styling of the buttons a little.
- Shortening the length of processing batches to reduce timeouts.
- Optimizing a number of queries.
- Fixing bug that would prevent deselecting all categories and terms from processing.
- Fixing bug with no suggestions being shown on custom post types when WPML is active.
- Moving terms out of the “Post Types to Create Links For” setting section into their own section.
- Adding Muffin builder support.
- Improving support for Thrive Theme Builder Templates.
- Adding support for Thrive Theme Builder Templates.
- Optimizing some queries.
- Adding suggestion support for WooCommerce Tags.
- Adding Italian Language support!
- Adding matching for specific categories.
- Fixing bug with the screen options not saving.
- Adding Danish language support!
- Adding a post type column to the Internal Links Report so it’s easier to tell what kind of content an entry is.
- Fixed a suggestion bug that was causing lots of suggestions.
- Fixed a bug that was causing keyword searches to not turn up expected results.
- Adding support for the Oxygen builder!
- Adding the option to export data to Excel.
- Optimizing some queries for ACF data.
- Fixed a bug where words with apostrophies would be ignored.
- Fixing some suggestion panel display bugs.
- Improving link scanning to better identify links.
- Adding Polish language support!
- Adding the ability to export data to Excel format.
- Prioritizing Thrive Architect data for reports when available.
- Minor other bug fixes.
- Making some styling tweaks.
- Adding an export data option to make support easier.
- Fixing a database error on Pantheon hosting.
- Fixing empty index bug when loading suggestions.
- Styling notices a bit.
- Adding new styling!
- Adding Kadence support.
- Fixing bug with unicode charactors.
- Fixing conflict with WP editor.
- Fixing bug with long anchors.
- Fixing bug with that allowed adding links to sentences that already had one.
- Fixing bug with tag/category link processing.
- Fixing some “invalid index” errors.
- Adding Dutch support!
- Adding ability to show post type in Link Report columns
- Removing unneeded cron task
- Fixing syntax error in the language stemmer code
- Restricting report access to users that can manage categories
- Adding support for post tag suggestions
- Updating word stemmer index bug
- Fixing a bug with adding links to a list item
- Adding support for Page Builder by SiteOrigin
- Reducing link batch processing size to save memory
- Optimizing report building meta queries
- Using img title as anchor text for links that only have images in them
- Additional small fixes and improvements
- Fixing class name bug on PHP 5.6
- Adding check for link table existance on post delete actions
- Adding check for WPML existance
- Fixing Report processing bug on PHP 5.6
- Making internal link checks http/s insensitive
- Version bump
- Initial release!