This plugin allows you to import albums, images, and comments from a Gallery2 installation into your WordPress site. Albums will be saved as pages containing the [gallery] shortcode, and images will be saved as attachments.
If you would like to send me a translation, please write to me through my contact page. Let me know which plugin you’ve translated and how you would like to be credited. I will write you back so you can attach the files in your reply.
- Upload the plugin directory to
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Tools → Import and choose Gallery2 from the list.
- Fill in your Gallery2 database settings and import preferences.
NOTE: You should increase your PHP memory limit if the importer stops when it reaches a large image file. In testing, it used up to 82MB on some JPGs. It also takes a fair amount of time — 20 minutes for a test gallery containing about 900 photos.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Gallery2 Importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Left out an important line, without which new authors would not be created in WordPress 3.0 and earlier.
- Now importing comments.
- Now preserving authors.
- First try, with images and albums only.