wordpress-email-media-import plugin allows users to upload images into WordPress Media Gallery by sending emails into specific email address.
Plugin does this by utilizing Mailgun’s (http://www.mailgun.com/) routes (https://documentation.mailgun.com/api-routes.html) feature.
Plugin also supports adding uploaded images to be added into Foo Gallery (https://wordpress.org/plugins/foogallery/) if the the Foo Gallery plugin is active in the installation.
- Allows users to upload image via e-mail
- Supports automatic orientation fixing
- Supports automatic scaling
- Supports adding uploaded images into Foo Gallery
- Upload folder into /wp-content/plugins -directory
- Activate the plugin in ‘Plugins’ menu
- Change ‘Mailgun API Key’ to match your Mailgun’s private key in Mailgun Media Import Settings
- Create new route in Mailgun administration panel, check the “store and notify” box and type in https://www.mywordpress.com/mailgun-media-import as notification address
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Email Media Import” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Email Media Import” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Refactored to use tags within the contents instead of subject and content to determine image title and description
- Added support for specifying target galleries by tags
- Relased into WordPress Codex
- Refactored to use shortcodes instead of path override
- Renamed plugin into Email media plugin
- Support for autoscaling images
- Support for auto-orientating images
- Added support for adding images into Foo Gallery
- Initial version