Obfuscate your email address by using a simple shortcode. Because the obfuscation is purely done in CSS, the email address remains readable for screen reader software.
Email address only:
Clickable email address:
Clickable email address with custom link text:
[css-email-obfuscator mailto="yes" email="firstname.lastname@example.org"]Contact me[/css-email-obfuscator]
- Upload the
- Activate the plugin (CSS Email Obfuscator) through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Use the shortcode in any post, page or custom post type.
- Are screen readers able to read the obfuscated email address?
Yes, because obfuscation is made using pure CSS.
- Is the clickable email address still obfuscated?
Yes, but due to the limitations of CSS, the contents of the
hrefattribute will be encoded as ASCII entities.
- Does the plugin work with punnycode (umlaut) domains in email addresses?
Yes, as long as your blog’s charset is set to UTF-8 (wich is default).
Contributors & Developers
“CSS Email Obfuscator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release