The Agency Toolkit plugin provides a lightweight way for agency owners, freelancers and website owners to quickly debug, optimize, and customize the WordPress experience without needing a dozen or more additional plugins. This plugin came out of a need for our own agency to standardize the tweaks, performance optimizations, and overall clean-up with our client sites. This saves time and maintenance by reducing the need for other plugins while allowing only privileged admins to access these options quickly.
Each option can be enabled or disabled as needed to keep things light and customized to your own needs. Currently, we support the following options with more to be added:
* Limit the admins that can view the toolkit options page
* Enable maintenance mode
* Enable the WordPress debugger to show on the frontend or write to the default log file
* Limit or disable post revisions
* Enable a custom agency footer with a name, URL and email in the WordPress Dashboard
* Enable a custom agency logo on the WordPress login screen
* Hide Site Health from the WordPress backend
* Disable theme and plugin editors
* Disable plugin and theme installs and updates
* Disable automatic update notification emails
* Disable XML-RPC
* Disable self-pingbacks
* Disable pingback and trackback notification emails
* Disable emoticons
* Remove RSD links
* Hide WordPress version generator in front-end source code
* Secure the wp-config.php file using .htaccess
* Globally change email sender
See an option or tweak that you would find useful? Just email us and let us know. Enjoy!
- Install the plugin through the WordPress repository, upload the zip file via the WordPress Dashboard Plugins page or upload to your website’s plugins folder.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugin dashboard in WordPress.
- Customize to your needs in your WordPress Dashboard’s left sidebar under ‘Agency Toolkit’.
Contributors & Developers
“Agency Toolkit” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Bug Fix: Removed PHP warnings
- Bug Fix: Disable emoticons option no longer removes classic editor features
- Bug Fix: Websites hosted on WPEngine now properly disable plugin and theme installs and updates when enabled
- New Feature: Hide Site Health from the WordPress backend
- Bug Fix: Limit Admins PHP warning if admins are selected in the options
- New Feature: Globally Change Email Sender Option so users can force all emails to come from a specific email address and name by default
- Bug Fix: Limit Admins error if no admins were selected in the options
- Initial release